Details of the checks you should carry out to ensure the data coming into the IR platform from the Google Ads data connector once set up
Now that you have the Google Ads data connector set up and authenticated you need to do some quick checks to ensure the data which is coming across is correct as you are going to be using it to make some pretty big decisions about your products.
- If you have the performance tab visible on the Product viewer, then you can click this are get a quick total for metrics such as total spend, total conversions etc. Do a comparison of the totals on the IR platform vs those on the Google Ads interface.
- Carry out some checks on product segment numbers using the IR segment builder and checking this vs the data on the Google Ads interface. Run the below numbers and remember the counts are shown in the black box next to the filter condition, these are counts of how many products meet my condition right now (based on products that are in the feed today not historically)
NB: if you have a default set up then this will use a data driven attribution model, which is a fractional weighting algo so you might not get whole number order numbers
Right now the IR performance view is only showing in feed products at that point in time, so it wont match the GG ads interface. Their is a user story to add a total row for all missing products so the totals will match. In the short term please use a export report from the IR platform to carry out the checks. If you are not an IR CS person please ask your CS contact for this report or to carry out the checks on your behalf.
- Check the Google Ads Click count matches - filter on clicks greater than or equal to 100. These are your more visited products.
- Check the Google Ads Conversion count matches - filter on Conversions greater than or equal to 1. These are your products which have sold.
- Check the Google Ads impression count matches - filter on impressions less than or equal to 100. These are your low visibility products
- Check the Google Ads cost matches - filter on cost greater than or equal to £200. These are products where you spend more of your budget
- Check the Google Ads CTR matches - filter on CTR less than or equal to 0.5%. These are products which have a lower click through rate from their ads
- Check the Google Ads Conversion Value matches - filter on Google Ads Conversion value greater than or equal to £1000. These are higher revenue generating products