eBay Guaranteed Delivery Highlights:
- Fast, reliable fulfilment for millions of orders, many of which already ship for free
- Shoppers will be able to filter search results based on delivery speed (2, 3, 4 days) – sellers with same day, 1-2 day dispatch should enable eGD to highlight their already existing fast postage to buyers or risk losing visibility
- Over 50% of eBay.com.au purchases are currently delivered in 4 days or less, with this % likely to increase as we start backing delivery dates
- Apt for sellers who already have same-day or next-day handling
- eGD options include Express (1,2 or 3 days) and Standard (1,2,3 or 4 days) – These days include handling and therefore will work best for sellers who can ship same-day or next day.
- eGD goes live this week and impacts search as buyers can filter to view only eGD listings
How to enable:
- Sellers need to enable eGD speeds within the eBay postage rate tables/business policies
- Sellers need to send ‘shipping service’ name and not ‘Other’ in tracking fields
- Sellers can enable metro regions or regions closest to them to start with, but more the better so their offering is visible to buyers all over AU.
Supporting Documents Attached:
- Help Pages: https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/guaranteed-delivery%20 . New postage rate tables help page if need be as eGD is set up within the new rate tables - https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/postage-rates-table
- PDF: Highlights benefits of eGD
- 100 new zones: Excel doc with eBay 100 zones mapped against postcodes. eBay still can’t do postcode level postage but the 100 zones have improved the level of granularity a seller could have tremendously. Special postcodes/LVRs are similar to PO boxes which can be excluded within business policies.
Info for IR team:
- Seller can set up eGD speed per zone within the new postage rate table – eBay now has 100 zones to choose from
- If seller is setting up a new biz policy for eGD, they will need to make IR aware of the shipping profile ID
- Chris Wight will be the main eBay POC for enterprise accounts wishing to provide eGD